ProPhotonix has recently announced the launch of a new Digital Compact Laser. This new laser module offers digital control and monitoring in an exceptionally compact package, making it ideal for applications with restricted space. This post will detail the key features of this new high-performance laser as well as applications that will benefit from it.
Digital Compact Laser Features
At just 8mm in diameter, the new Digital Compact Laser can be controlled and monitored through a digital RS232 communication interface, offering increased flexibility and control to system designers. Available at 520nm, 635nm, and 650nm with output powers from 0.9mW to 4mW, the Digital Compact Laser allows output power, pulse duration, and frequency to be adjusted as well as monitoring the laser’s performance.
- Exceptionally Compact, High Performance, Digital Laser Module
- RS232 Intelligent Control and Monitoring
- Elliptical Beam, Line & Cross Generating Optics Available
- CW or Modulation operation
- Excellent Boresighting <0.5°
- High Reliability
- Range of wavelengths, output powers, and mechanical options available
Digital Compact Laser Benefits
The new Digital Compact Laser can be easily integrated into the overall control system allowing end users to have full control and visibility of the system’s performance. The digital functionality of this laser allows laser settings to be adjusted to get the best results for each application.
- Precision Industrial Alignment
- Patient Positioning
- Particle Detection and Measurement
- 3D Measurement
- High-Speed Automated Inspection
With more than two decades of experience working with OEMs to configure or customize laser modules for their application, ProPhotonix is well positioned to support you in developing the right laser diode module for your application.