LED Lights for Security & Transport
- ANPR (Automatic License Plate Recognition) — Vision systems are now widely used in transport in ANPR systems. These systems use Optical Character Recognition to automatically read number plates on vehicles. ProPhotonix’ LED spotlights provide a rugged, long life solution. The Spot Lights are available in a variety of wavelengths in infrared and provide strobing ideally suited to these applications .
- Infrastructure Monitoring — ProPhotonix LED Spotlights are also in use to monitor key bridges, railway crossings, and tunnels.
- High-precision targeting applications – Laser modules improve accuracy by providing a highly visible spot, line or other light pattern for visual target identification and expedite the impact by honing in on reflected laser light
- High-precision guidance systems and laser sights for ballistics accuracy – laser targeting systems are widely used in gun sighting applications, both for the military and sport, with a visible laser spot providing a clear indication of where a projectile will strike. Laser modules improve speed and accuracy for guidance systems.
- Range finding and proximity measurement – measuring the time for a pulse of laser light that is reflected from a target, or by triangulating on the position of a laser spot can determine a highly accurate measurement of distance to a target, essential for targeting, aiming systems and warning systems as well as navigation tools for military vehicles
ProPhotonix Laser Modules feature high bore sighting accuracy to (<0.25 degrees), rugged designs for challenging operating conditions and compact units with low power requirements suitable for battery operation. A wide range of wavelengths and powers are available, with highly visible systems in red and green for sighting and near infra-red lasers for automation and detecting with sensors. For more information: